TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Hard to know the importance of heat shields without measurin
People Seeking Info

Subject Hard to know the importance of heat shields without measurin

Posted by OverZealous (CT) on June 29, 2014 at 9:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 217 times.

In Reply To im stuck with mobile devices so if i cant posted by LivinTheDream on June 29, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Message My gut feel says it's really not a big deal except on really hot days, but that's just my gut feel. I'm also guessing that the coking problem gets worse over time and doesn't immediately clog the oil line. How long it takes to clog probably depends on how often the turbos get really hot or it's a really hot day and heat soaking is therefore a problem.... how long that takes to happen I have no idea.

I also don't think there's a noticeable difference between the heat soak of a big turbo and the heat soak provided by stockers. It's possible the the big turbos being more efficient at higher boost levels don't heat up as much as overboosted stockers and thereby aren't as big a concern wrt. heat soaking.

I know this hearsay doesn't really help a lot but it seems this situation is rare or there's very little experience of the oil line coking. Do e-mail the mobile pics if you get the chance. I'm curious and would be glad to offer my opinion if you're interested.

OverZealous (CT)

My General posts (click)
My Technical posts (click)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.